To all the Pasta Lovers…Happy World Pasta Day! We are celebrating today with our favourite easy to make pasta dish.
An easy and delicious lasagne recipe the whole family will love!
- 375 grams lasagne sheets
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 brown onions - sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional) replace with water if you don't want red wine
- 60 grams butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2.5 cups milk
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 125 grams grated cheese
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Grease 30 x 20cm lasagne dish. For the meat sauce, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the beef and stir until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, mixed herbs, sugar, salt, pepper, tomato paste and wine (or water). Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- For the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the flour and stir constantly, with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute. Add the milk and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the nutmeg, half the cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a third of the meat sauce into the bottom of the prepared dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheet. Spread a third of the cheese sauce over the lasagne and cover with another layer of lasagne. Continue alternating meat sauce, lasagne sheet and cheese sauce, finishing with a layer of cheese sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. For tomato lovers, half some cherry tomatoes and lay them around top edge of the lasagne and then sprinkle over some grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with a fresh green salad.
For tomato lovers, half some cherry tomatoes and lay them around top edge of the lasagne and then sprinkle over some grated parmesan cheese.