Chocolate and Orange Avocado Mousse
Whether you're vegan or not, you will love this delectable chocolate mousse. It's quick and easy to prepare, and a great dinner party dessert as it can be made ahead of time.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Finely grated zest of one orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pit the dates and place in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes to soften. Strain, reserving the soaking water.
- Place the strained dates, avocados, cacao powder, honey, orange zest, vanilla extract and salt in a food processor together with 1 tablespoon of the date soaking liquid. Process until smooth and fluffy. If it is too thick, add a little more of the date soaking liquid.
- Divide the mousse between 4-6 small glasses or ramekins. Serve with orange segments or fresh strawberries or raspberries.